Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Classic Movie Kick: AFI 100

Time to dust off this blog.  It's been a long time, but I am back and motivated to write a bit more.

Movies are a big part of our culture.  Some people are movie buffs and always see the latest flicks in the theater, while others have never seen "Star Wars" well into adulthood.

I have seen my fair share of movies, but I could never claim to be an expert on classic movies.  In years past, I was always filled with curiosity when I watched the AFI TV specials about their top 100 movies of all time.  Obviously, I had seen some of them, but many of the greatest ones were a complete mystery to me.  It had always been a goal to see more of these classics at some point in my life.

I am finally gearing up for that goal now.  After watching movies from a list off another website, I realized that many of the movies overlapped with the AFI 100.  Since I was watching a decent amount of them anyway, I figured I just start knocking off the ones I hadn't seen yet.

So in the next few weeks, I will be posting some thoughts and reviews about AFI 100 and other movies that I come across.  Hopefully it will mark a triumphant return to blogging.

No comments: